The list of facilities and equipment found below details key features that we think prospective guests would wish to know about.
Of course, if there’s anything at all that you have a question about, please just call or drop us an email to find out more.
- Your personal host will be your point of contact before and throughout your visit and can advise and book you on a huge variety of relaxing or active activities and exclusive experiences
- Good gravelled parking area for up to four vehicles
- Super comfortable, specially handmade super king-sized beds
- Luxurious Egyptian 600 thread count linen sheets and super soft pillows and down duvets.
- Egyptian cotton towels, bath sheets and facecloths
- Anti-allergy microfibre pillows and soft, springy hollow fibre duvets with Sanitized®-treated cotton casing available on request.
- One bedroom is downstairs which has full wheelchair accessibility
- Oil-fired central heating, underfloor heating (in kitchen/dining rooms & en-suite bathrooms) and efficient wood-burning stoves (in Snug, Chill Out & Milton Burn bedroom) with all wood provided
- A lovely range of Scottish Fine Soap toiletries
- Fast broadband WiFi signal throughout
- 75” 4K Ultra HD television with Freeview channels and access to streaming services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime, connected to a Sonos sound system to provide a true cinema experience
- Sonos wireless speakers connect to your device through Wi-Fi to play music in the bedrooms, Chill Out, Kitchen, Dining area and Snug
- Strong 4G mobile network coverage for most networks
- USB sockets beside every bed
- Digital radios in each bedroom and the kitchen.
- Dog-friendly downstairs with generous fenced outside space and lots of great walks from the house in the area. The nearest field often holds Highland cattle and purebred Highland ponies, so if you’re lucky you’ll enjoy an early encounter with some of the natives but please make sure your dogs don’t!
- The stairs and first floor are fully carpeted with a velvety soft pile carpet
- The paved area through a door from the dining area with a wood-fired Fire Bowl, wooden tables and benches
- Upstair space for a cot, with two chairs which fold down into single beds and a blind
- Two fridges and a freezer
- Range cooker
- Pod-style coffee machine
- Washing machine and tumble dryer
- Heated coat and boot room with drying area, hanging and storage spaces
- Equipment store outside (for bikes, fishing and winter sports etc. – Please note equipment not included but hire available through your host.
- Bike and boot washing area with a hose pipe
- Fenced garden, high chair and fireguards
- View the floor plan
DRYING & STORAGE FOR STUFF
Overall it doesn’t rain here a lot but it does rain sometimes and snow. Drying is important so as well as heated drying inside the house for coats, hats and boots, there is a large heated drying area and a dryer in the boiler room outside suitable for large coats, wetsuits, bikes etc.
There is a large lockable wooden shed to keep bikes, cycles, skis, snowboards etc. Your host can arrange the rental of sports equipment as it doesn’t come with the house!